Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Why Israel?

It’s always the same, they get together for these talks, but life goes on. My biggest bit of confusion is how the world sits in their comfort zone and criticizes a small country like Israel for protecting their borders from every kind of attack imaginable. A little country that is what, 18 miles wide by 30 miles long, or something, I don’t know the exact size, but I’m sure I’m close enough to make the point. All they want is to live in peace. I don’t see them wanting to take any land that wasn’t already theirs. They don’t have oil thank God, or any other wealth, other than their own ingenuity. Yet it seems to work for them. They have the Holy sites that are from their own history, much further back than any other nation in the region. It’s proven in one of the oldest (ancient) documents man has today, yet they are living in a state of war continually, and have been since they became a nation. I just don’t understand any other reason to persecute these people, even the land they posses isn’t really that desirable either. Why?