Tuesday, October 23, 2007

California Fires and how frail man is in God's eyes

Well, California is burning, here in So. Cal. even at the beach the smoke and the ash and the dust, is being brought to us by the wind.  You don't really want to even go out into it for fear of inhaling all of this into your lungs. 

For me, just getting over a bought with asthma and allergies, this isn't a very good feeling to be out in this kind of environment.  But its my job, yes I, well for my normal job that pays the bills  is a grounds keeper.  

Of course when you get to be my age and things aint what they use to be, you tend to have a fuller plate.  I am looking at the brighter side, because at my work they just announced this afternoon, because of all the smoke and ash they closed the campus.  So I just might get to come home home early tomorrow.  I'll believe that when I see it.

As far as my home being in danger, you never know.  I remember many years ago a fire in the San Bernardino mountains that came right up to a tract of homes and the hot ashes floated on the wind right over the homes with the asphalt shingle roofs, to the homes with the wood shingles and burnt that tract of homes to the ground in a matter of an hour.  So for my home that very thing could possibly happen.  So you never know what the future holds

Jeremiah mentions how little control we really do have over the events of our lives as he realizes his own frailties before the Lord:

I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.  Correct me, O LORD, but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.  Jeremiah 10:23,24 NASB

This the last thing that the LORD wants to do to the believer in Jesus the Christ, but I believe it is important for us to remember who the LORD God is and the honor He deserves from His creation, especially His children. 

God Bless YOU

Bill Collier