Friday, July 18, 2008

Big shareholder backs Yahoo board over Icahn - Yahoo! News

Well, I must say, Yahoo has done quite a good job under the circumstances, and Mr. Yang has left the sandbox. 

I actually believe that Yahoo is going to fair very well through this whole fiasco.  If this company and its board can survive what they have been through and the rats have already jumped ship, they can do just about anything.  This company has held up quite well, considering what they have had to deal with. 

Myself, I really enjoy Yahoo products, their free email service is the best.  Their Messenger is far superior and leads the pack by a mile.  I love my radio on my messenger!  They are in my opinion the most user friendly service out there, and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have a Yahoo account. 

As far as this king of the hill power struggle, of late I have found myself actually rooting for Yahoo.  Yea maybe they are the underdog, but I have always enjoyed rooting for underdogs.  It makes for a good ending with lots of goose bumps and tummy ticklers.

I believe this company  will breeze right through that August board meeting with out a hitch and the sharks will swim away looking for a new sent of blood to follow.  Then it will be back to business, and I can’t wait to watch Yahoo’s stock climb back to familiar waters and maybe even to new heights.  Maybe even uncharted waters that pretty much prove what the Board of Directors have said all along, “we are worth more.”

I must confess that I was wrong in my judgement of this whole affair.  At one point I even considered that there was something, some kind of connection with Microsoft, and eventually Yahoo would sell.  Now however, with Yahoo’s fate a little more secure, there is a feeling that balance has returned to the netaverse and life on the net will continue as before.  May the force we with you Yahoo!

R. William Collier

http://www.mindworthy.mypodcast.com   

Big shareholder backs Yahoo board over Icahn - Yahoo! News