Saturday, September 26, 2009

Has Twitter Peaked? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Twitter needs to get off of their duff!  Why would they think that just simply twitting 140 characters would be enough for us?  Of course online texting is a good thing, but when you connect with your phone and your net computer and so on, things begin to change and enlarge.

Being a user of Twitter I find myself wishing I could do more things instead of just simply 140 characters.  In fact I find myself hindered because of the limitations, its frustrating.  I believe you could do a lot more with Twitter, I believe you are actually a long ways from peaking.

For example, increase the amount of characters to at least the same as facebook and other social networks.  Incorporate photography into the tweets with a blow up when you hold your curser over the photo like yoono.  And then there is a whole lot more you could do in the area of grouping, for example on the Twitter page.  Give us the ability to group our friends together, and then those we solicit, and maybe those political figures we follow, and so on.

I’m just writing this blog of the top of my head remembering those instances of when I had wished I could do more.  I know you brainiacs at Twitter probably could come up with even better ideas if you would just put out those big fat stuffy cigars and get busy. 

I have faith in you guys, don’t let this great idea fall to the way side because you were afraid Twitter would turn into another social network.  No we don’t need that, but more versatility in communication, we can always use.

Bill Collier

http://mindworthy.mypodcast.com    

Has Twitter Peaked? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com