Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love and hate

Matthew 5:43-45 You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. #Bible

Hate is a terrible thing. In my life I have had many opportunities to really hate with justification. Being a Christian fortunately I have acted as Jesus commands. Yes with difficulty, and not perfectly, but in the long run. Doing so has shown me that there is no long held grudges, hate, or anxiety for me.
Love, the way Jesus commands has healed me of the pain that floods in at the time of the offense. Loving Gods way, or like He and Jesus love has shown me that I can endure any pain. As Christians we are empowered to take the hit and continue on. Like using our shield of faith to vanquish the fiery arrows.
To love as our Father God Loves and our Savior Jesus Loves and our Wonderful Holy Spirit Loves, is to live in communion and fellowship with our Triune God. A Peace that transcends time and understanding.