Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wait for the Lord

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! #Bible

Timing is everything, our world is based on timing, our lives are orchestrated by timing.
What's wonderful is God created it.
I've used expressions like, time will tell the truth, and give it time to ripen, and of course, I don't have time.
We notice with the Lord here its - "wait". We humans even have a hard time with that. Waiting for me can be torturous, like waiting to be picked up, I hate that.
There is something beautiful about waiting on the Lord though. I think its because of being a Christian for a long time I have learned It gives me the opportunity to see God do things in my situation. God works things out so much better than my impatience does.
Waiting allows us to do as the writer says, "be strong, and let your heart take courage;".
The Lord prepares us for what we are facing, strengthening us, giving us courage, and even rest.
After I have waited on the Lord and His timing, I am ready to face what ever is ahead with our Lord's leading.

Philippians 4:12-13 I know how to be humble, and I know how to prosper. In each and every situation I have learned the secret of being full and of going hungry, of having too much and of having too little. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.