Monday, July 27, 2015

Heart Attack

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. #Bible

A few years ago I found myself in pain running down my arms. Knowing this was foreign to anything I had felt before. I decided I needed to go to the hospital. Once there, I was taken into the emergency room. The next thing I knew, like a swarm of bees, I was surrounded by doctors, technicians, and nurses.
At one point of this ordeal they were taking me to another room for some tests, and between my legs they set a mobile crash cart, you know with the paddles, when they use it they yell clear!, then shock you back to life.
I found myself telling my wife, quick dear get a picture and put it on Facebook, which she did.
It was about this time when I realized I'm not afraid. I was in a very interesting state of mind. No it wasn't medication or endorphins, they still had me in test mode confirming their suspicions of a heart attack.
I realized I was relaxed and at peace. I had been talking to my Lord through this whole thing, not pleading for him to save me, but telling Him I trusted Him in what was going on, and whatever the outcome, He is my Lord.
I was anxious about what was going on, yes even afraid, and naturally talking to God about it.
What I realized was that this peace wasn't from me, it was from my Lord. God had given me like, an extra dose of His Peace.
All I could do is thank Him and Praise Him, that while in a time of need, His dose of Peace was just what I needed.
For months after especially, and even to this day I still marvel at God's satisfying Peace, it truly does surpasses all of my understanding.
My Lord literally guarded my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.
God's Peace still amazes me every day I live, with all the medication I have to take and the two stints in one of my arteries.
I get an even clearer picture of my Lord's sustaining peace, and His Wonderful Grace that allows me to be His son and have Jesus, not only my Lord and Saviour, but also my Big Brother, even my Husband and my Great Sheppard, who leads me through this life to the next one, on into eternity where I will be with Him forever.
I can no longer, nor do I want to, imagine life without my Father God in my life. What a horrible ordeal, to go through a heart attack without God.
Jesus is waiting for you to call Him. He will answer you.