Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I breathe

Revelation 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. #Bible

In preparing this devotional I was faced with two points, 1. This verse is fully self explanatory, 2. The quote below says it better than I can.
The only thing I can say is how wonderfully awesome our God truly is.

 It is worthy of remark, that as the union of aleph and tau in Hebrew make eth, which the rabbins interpret of the first matter out of which all things were formed, so the union of α alpha and ω omega, in Greek, makes the verb αω, I breathe, and may very properly, in such a symbolical book, point out Him in whom we live, and move, and have our being; for, having formed man out of the dust of the earth, he breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and he became a living soul; and it is by the inspiration or inbreathing of his Spirit that the souls of men are quickened, made alive from the dead, and fitted for life eternal. He adds also that he is the Almighty, the all-powerful framer of the universe, and the inspirer of men. (Adam Clark)
Praise The LORD!