Thursday, July 16, 2015

Steadfast and Immovable

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. #Bible

The other day while driving, a truck passed me with a bumper sticker that read, " open your mind, close your Bible." Needless to say I was offended, not to mention, hurt in my spirit. My human nature wanted to ask the driver, "how does it feel to be a fool," but I resisted.
My resistance was my striving to be steadfast, and immovable, not giving in to the desire to retaliate.
In order to abound in the work of the Lord we must remain in the Lord, steadfast and immovable in the mission and work God has given us to do.
We, with the direction and help from the Spirit of Christ Jesus can continue in God's work even when for that moment it seems to be in vain. The apostle Paul wants us to know that our labor is absolutely not in vain, and Paul's life recorded in the New Testament writings about him demonstrate that fact.
The beauty is, what ever would attempt to discourage you in this world, is the evidence that your labor is not in vain, and our success isn't measured on earth, but in Heaven. So as you, I will continue to labor knowing our God in Heaven is the one we serve, and God never works in vain.