Thursday, August 13, 2015

Choice

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. #Bible

Zep 3:7-8 I have said, 'If only you would fear me, if only you would take my instructions to heart.' Then their houses would not have been torn down. I have chastened them, but they were eager to corrupt everything they were doing." 8 "Just you wait!" declares the LORD. "The day will come when I stand up as a prosecutor, for I am determined to assemble the nations and to gather the kingdoms, in order to pour out my indignation upon them-- all of my fierce anger. All the earth will be consumed by the fire of my jealousy.

As always we have a choice before us. We see here earlier in the chapter, Jehovah God the existing One is dealing harshly with these people. Making cities and even their streets desolate, the people are gone because of God's judgement and wrath.
We cannot take God for granted, treating Him like He's up there in Heaven far far away.
As Christians, God is with us all the time, and thinking He doesn't know what we're up to is just foolishness. God our Eternal Father is Just and as we see here He Disciplines.
God leaves the choice up to us, we can be where He Blesses us, or we can be where He Disciplines us, its entirely our choice.
What our Father God prefers is a reason to save us, to rejoice with gladness and loud singing over us, loving us in silence, not remembering our sins.
Why is God jealous? Because we place our faith and trust everywhere but in Him, and to Jehovah, everywhere is just sticks, metal, stone, and flesh like our own, with no life of their own or ability in them.
Seek God while there is still time.