Thursday, January 28, 2016

Gods Light

1 John 1:5-7 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. ESV #Bible

Where am I? Am I in the light, or am I living in darkness?
God's light has no darkness, and the darkness has no light.
If I'm living in darkness I can't see what's around me. I have no idea what's coming my way.  My only option is to group around feeling, rather than seeing where I am going. I am left in dark ignorance wandering in darkness.
Being with God, in His light, is to have the ability to see far off. To observe anything coming my way, walking with a sure step, not prone to stumbling. I am informed by God, I know what is real, I'm not left to the fear of my imagination in darkness.
I am able to see who my friends are, and know I am not alone, having fellowship with light walkers.
We know God and we understand His Truth, His Word iluminates our understanding, rather than existing in the ignorance of darkness void of God's influence. And our Saviour Jesus the Christ cleanses our sins through the blood of His sacrifice on our behalf, which is discovered in God's Light. We are grateful for God's Light, and we understand.