Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Prudent

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent. ESV #Bible

What an ability it is to master the tongue. It seems the mouth never runs out of words.
Interestingly the more words used to communicate a point only creates more confusion and misunderstanding.
Then there is the assumption that the one you are talking to knows what you mean rather than what you are saying.
Just in these points made, I can remember times when the communication or discussion turns into an argument and some times an out right fight. That's where transgressions happen.
Restraining our lips for me is to take time to think, not only about what I want to say, but how it will be received. That in it's self is a difficult task, and I have been working on this pretty much my entire life.
The best suggestion I know is those wonderful words "Lord Jesus help me". With God's help we can accomplish many things we think are impossible, and that's prudent.