Monday, February 15, 2010

The Past and Future of Communication Technology

I, and I’m sure a lot of others have been able to see that communication technology would end up in our TV's.  However I must admit I didn’t consider the mobile aspect, but I am very thankful.  So I have made room for the mobile phone, or what I enjoy, the data phone in my world. 

As far as the TV, it is basically here.  Due to what I see there is quite a bit of resistance.  I don’t really think it comes from the consumer, but the marketer.  If they were to go straight to the TV, as far as being the hub of communication and research, I think all of those products wouldn’t have been created.  Yes the evolutional ones that have fallen by the wayside.  Of course marketer’s will continue to produce all of these distracting products, which is what they do, and I do believe it helps innovation. 

The Data Phone is the current wave of the future.  Still being in its formational stage of convergence, I don’t believe its definition or complete purpose has yet been realized.  I do believe though it will be a mobile reflection of the Telecommunication station we still refer to as the TV presently.  (Maybe we will call it the TVC in the future) 

I believe the data phone will take on new dimensions like looking inward, like a body monitor, able to detect the common cold, or other ailments that would improve our quality of life.  Possibly warn us of danger or tell those when they are approaching intoxication, and the list goes on.

Yes this stuff is very cool, and it is exciting to see what we will come up with.  The sky is literally the limit and our imagination is the vehicle with which we will arrive.

Bill Collier

http://mindworthy.mypodcast.com