Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Run

Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. #Bible

Exactly, we can't do anything for ourselves or God on our own. It is all by and through Our Lord's Grace. Jesus allows us the privilege to run to Him.
Why would we want to look back at what lies behind, our failures and sins? No, we strain, we struggle, we strive forward to the completion of our Salvation. That's each one of our goals, better yet, its our real life, our Prize.
Yes it is an up hill struggle, we are running away from hell. I bet if we could see through God's eyes, we would be shocked at how close we were at times to hell, and our Lord was saving us then.
But now, we can hear that upward call of God in Christ Jesus, and there is only one direction in this world, and that is towards the Messiah Jesus. The time is shorter than when we first believed for Jesus to return, so keep walking close to God, run if you have to.