Friday, September 4, 2015

God Watches

Jeremiah 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a God far away? 24 Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord. #Bible

Which do you think, God is close to you or far away?
The sinner believes God to be either far off not paying attention, or God doesn't exist at all. In turn the sinner is free to do whatever they please without consequence.
In this section of scripture the prophets were lying to the people claiming God speaks to them through dreams and such. Which makes what the say unquestionable.
God is is saying, hey I'm right here I see what your doing. Don't you know I'm everywhere all the time? I'm even in your dreams, and what your prophesying to these people is not from Me, you are lying.
We Christians need to understand that when we sin, God is the first eyewitness to our sin. God knows it all even to the depths of our hearts. God is also the first person we go to, through Jesus our Lord for repentance and forgiveness.
As Christians, we need to take seriously the gifts of ministry God has given us, especially in prophesying God's message and His Word, and I would say with fear and trembling. God doesn't miss anything, and He will guard His Word and His Will being done. It's a blessing to know that God watches over us all the time.