Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Power

Acts 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." ESV #Bible

How many times have I read this verse and not taken it seriously? I know I received the Holy Spirit. So then why haven't I considered the power our Holy Spirit possesses, being God, and what he offers to me a believer?
Maybe a lack of faith, or I'm not worthy, or possibly afraid of that level of commitment or responsibility. Then what kind of power, or how much.
One thing I do know, is that our Father in Heaven knows what we can and can not handle, and he won't give us any more or less that what he has created us for.
I believe as Christians we need to remain aware of what God is doing in our lives. We need to always be on the lookout for the Holy Spirit's leading, because where he guides us He provides all of our needs.
God is a Gentleman, he doesn't drive His servants like cattle, He leads us like lambs.
So whatever power you receive, use your God given faith to accomplish the mission that Jesus commanded us to do. Using the power we discover through prayer and petitioning Our God, and the study of His Word, the Bible.
I know that when we are obedient, giving our ear and full attention to our Lord Jesus, we can even move mountains. So have faith, don't be afraid, just watch what God accomplishes through you.