Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Strength

Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. ESV #Bible

I imagine Paul in his lifestyle before Jesus didn't go without too many things because of his position in society. Which speaks of his sacrifice, or adjustment to a life in Christ.
Paul found that when you have Jesus, the need for things was inferior to the glory he relished in, being found a believer in the Messiah Jesus far out weighed anything to be found in this world. Why would he worship a fabrication instead of the fabricator God Himself?
We don't always see or experience God's strengthening until we are brought low, or we suffer hardships like hunger or poverty.
Paul learned that in facing hunger or plenty, with Jesus all situations work out with the strengthening of our Lord Jesus, who moves us on to the next segment or adventure Jesus leads us into, finding ourselves able to do all things through Jesus who strengthens us.
In this world time goes on, and we can't stop it, as we continue to the end of this age or our lives, whichever comes first, our God Jesus cares for us, and He strengthens us and moves us on. In this we need to remember it ain't over until God our Father says its over.